Woman V Cancer Cycle Africa - Group 1- October 2015. -Tanzania 2015

November 2013, I am ill, Laying on my sofa in a stupor for weeks on end. My friend phone me and asked if I could ride a bike? = 'yes', then do I have a bike? = 'yes'. Then would like to do a challenge for Women V Cancer?  It was a Cycle, in Africa. All we needed to do was to raise £3000.00 each, then do the cycle.The money being raised was for Breast Cancer Care, Jos Cervical Cancer Trust and Ovarian Cancer Action.
I agreed.
We signed up for the challenge on 2nd Dec 2013 and paid the £300.00 deposit. Having done that I got on with being ill!
The Cycle Africa, Group One Challenge was run by the Women v Cancer or the Action For Charity group. Also known as Dream Challenges and Action Events Limited. so many names !!! Their office is in Lymington. The Event organiser was Ann Frampton, she also owns all the companies listed above.
I received a pack telling me how to raise the £3000.00, that I would have to pay for my airfare / Visas / airport and fuel taxes myself. 
I though the biggest challenge would be raising the £3000.00 pounds each, but this was not the case. With the support of our wonderful colleges at work we baked and ate cakes, cleared out clutter, selling it to companies like We buy books/ cash 4 clothes/ ebay, we walked dogs and accepted generous donations and raised the money well within out target date.
In March 2015, aware that October, DDay was getting closer and that I had not been on a bike for many years -I started to train and got out on my bike. I started with small rides of 15 minuets, upping it every day until i could do a full day of over 100 KM.
Home made deodorant for sale...its cancer free and works!

Cake Sales

Great Cakes

Cakes


The cyclists!!!
 
Dog walking

Comments

Popular Posts