South Africa Road Trip 2016. Cape Town to the Kgalagadi National Park. Manchester to Cape Town with Qatar Airways

September 23 2016.

Today I flew from Manchester to Cape Town and did not fly with Emirates !

I flew with another of the Middles East Airlines - Qatar Airways.  This was down to price, Qatar had some good promotions on and the price of the flight was half what Emirates were charging. But the added bonus was I go to go on the Dreamliner.

I have done a comparison of Qatar v Emirates this is the link

http://moira-moirasdailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/compare-flight-on-emirates-a380-and-777.html

Flight QR 46 left Manchester on time and after a very comfortable 6 1/2 hours landed in Doha.

The Dreamliner is a very nice aircraft, but I am prone to travel sickness and could feel the aircraft move far more than I normally do. Luckily I had my Sea bands in my bag and put them on. That aside the flight was good.  

Flight QR 46 Manchester to Doha


The Western Cape from the Dreamliner QR 1369

We transited through the new - massive - airport in Doha, it was a short 1h. 44 min layover. The next Aircraft was due to be an Airbus 330-300, QR 1369 to Cape Town, but it was also a Dreamliner. So again it was a very comfortable 7h, 5 mins to Cape Town.

Cape Town Airport Arrivals

We were met at Cape Town Airport by a representative from Bushlore Car rentals. I have used Bushlore in the past for 4x4 rentals; they also rent 4x4s fully equipped with camping gear, but this time I was just renting a 4x4. The depot was literally a 5 minute drive from the airport, the paper work was straight forward as we were not crossing any boarders on this trip. Very soon we were on the road heading for the nearest Pick n Pay supermarket to stock up on Charcoal, wine, beer and food.

  

Bushlore 4x4 rentals Cape Town


Ours was the clean one! Bushlore 4x4 rentals

 with the car all packed up we drove to Hermanus. By 1400 we were checked into the Marine Square Apartments and exploring the fantastic one bedroomed apartment we had rented...Good choice! We had a early dinner, it was Sunday so quite a few places were closed or booked up, but we found one and I had a huge Steak and my partner tucked in to a mammoth Fish and Chips, then it was an early night as tomorrow we were to go in search of the reason we had come to Hermanus, the Southern Right Whale.

 

Comments

Popular Posts